Mass Rescue Operations Guidance - E-book - 2nd Edition - English
To be able to see and receive the 20% IMRF Member Discount, please log in as a member. If you are not a member, please contact us at email@example.com.
The Mass Rescue Operations Guidance E-book is derived from the International Maritime Rescue Federation’s mass rescue operations project. Second Edition: 2016. The book is easy to use and comes in pdf format.
The reader of this book on mass rescue operations might begin by asking what relevance it may have for him or her. That is a legitimate question. MROs are ‘low-probability / high-consequence’ events. Yes: they are immensely serious and very complicated – but are you ever likely to be involved in one? No: it’s not very likely. So why focus on something that’s unlikely to happen? Isn’t that a waste of time?
No. One thing that is very clear from experience is that if you have focussed on the possibilities beforehand, and prepared as best you can, your response will be significantly improved. Which means that you will probably save more lives. It’s as simple as that. .....
The changes in the 2nd Edition MRO Guidance are:
- new chapter 30, on incident reports
- revised chapter 12, adding material on migrant rescue
- revised chapter 27, on our MRO workshops
- various revisions, particularly in chapters 21 & 23, stemming from the publication of the 2016 edition of IAMSAR
- various editorials, including the addition of cross-references to the new chapter.